You must register for all of your StartNOW lessons via our call center at least two days in advance. Lesson availability is limited and reservations are required. You must begin the StartNOW program before March 30, 2014.
We will attempt to accommodate adjustments to your lesson at no charge if you call 800-545-8112 AT LEAST 24 hours before the start of your lesson. Lessons cancelled or changed with less than 24 hours’ notice but before the scheduled start time of your lesson will be assessed a $25 reschedule fee. No-show lessons (including lessons cancelled after the scheduled start time) will be charged the full lesson rate, and any remaining lessons will be cancelled.
StartNOW participants should arrive at Park City Mountain Rentals, located on the lower level of the Legacy Lodge, no later than noon* for registration and fitting of their equipment. Follow the directions on the Base Area Map to get here. Check-in your child with their instructor by the light blue StartNOW flags located near the Kid's Korral and adults will meet their instructor at the Adult Ski and Snowboarding school area in the main Skiway. The lesson will begin promptly at 1:00 pm and will take place in the beginner area of the Resort.
To speed up the check-in process, the following items will be required:
- Confirmation email
- A form of Utah resident identification
- The credit card used to reserve your spot in the StartNOW Program
- A parent or guardian must be present at check-in for anyone under 18 years old
|12:00pm*||Arrive at Park City Mountain Rentals for Registration and fitting of equipment|
|12:45pm||Kids (6-14): Check-in your child with their instructor at the light blue StartNOW flags located near Kid's Korral|
|12:45pm||Adults (15 & over): Meet your instructor at the Adult Ski and Snowboarding school in the main Skiway|
*Please arrive early on Friday and Saturday as these are our busiest days.
In a continued effort to maximize the safety and well-being of our Ski and Snowboard School guests, we are requiring all participants 17 years old and younger to wear a helmet. For those guests 17 years old and younger, a helmet will be included. Those 18 and older may rent a helmet for an additional fee of $8-10 at Park City Mountain Rentals.
- Please arrive at Park City Mountain Rentals by noon on the day of your StartNOW Program. (If your lessons falls on a Friday or Saturday please arrive early as these are our busiest days.) Let the Mountain Host (in the bright blue coats) know you have reservations for the StartNOW Program.
- It may be difficult to find parking in Park City Mountain Resort's main resort base area after 10 a.m. on weekends. We encourage you to use our overflow lots at City Park located on the east side of Park Avenue, and at Treasure Mountain International School, located on Kearns Blvd. The free city bus system will take you to Park City Mountain Resort. From Treasure Mountain International School, use the Red Line. From the City Park, you can take any bus that says PCMR. Please be careful not to park in the Library Lot as this lot is not available for skier parking.
- Dress appropriately. It is recommended that you wear weatherproof clothing that can be layered for changing weather conditions (including 1 pair of non-cotton socks, waterproof pants and jacket, hat and gloves) Goggles or sunglasses, in addition to sunblock and lip balm, are highly recommended to provide a better experience Lockers and/or bag check are available, for a fee, to store your personal belongings.
- Legacy Sports, located on the main level of the Legacy Lodge, features ski and snowboard apparel and accessories. In addition, Park City Mountain Rentals sells accessories including goggles, gloves, sunscreen and more. Winter wear, jackets and pants, are available in Legacy Sports located in the Legacy Lodge.
- Lockers and bag check are available, for a fee, next door to Park City Mountain Rentals for shoe/boot storage.
- If you need help or have any questions while at the resort, please find one our Mountain Hosts (in the bright blue coats), and let them know that you are in the StartNOW program.